Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fear Not! For Obama I mean.

Here I go again.  

Fear is an illusion.  An illusion is not real.  An illusion is merely an idea in my mind telling me I have something to loose which I hold dear.  

There is nothing to lose here.  Obama is doing pretty well by what I have seen recently.  I have only to vote now.  

My fear of another 4 to 8 years of Republican rule is nonsense.  The polls (published and non published) are no doubt encouraging for Obama and frightening for McCain, still I seem at times to tremble at the thought of a Republican challenge to the presidential election.  Another Supreme Court decision challenging the vote in Ohio, Florida, Colorado etc. may tip the scale in favor of McCain/Palin

I however have faith in patriotic American people who will not let a repeat of the Bush '00 election decision.  Let's get out the vote and nullify any fear!

We all are much wiser now.  Democrats have registered in unprecedented numbers.  Let's use that advantage.

I bet Republican lawyers are working hard to figure out a way to challenge the voting results and reduce the number of votes cast, however, I hope we resist opposition to the will of the American people.  The best way to nullify a challenge is to get out and vote Nov. 4 or participate in early voting if your State allows it.  Let's flood the polls with votes.  Don't give anyone an excuse to challenge your decision. Vote.  Even if the Republican lawyers suppress some votes, if we all do our part they will not be able to turn the tide of patriotism.  

Nice time to get an early breakfast and maybe a hearty one.   Nothing like a bacon egg and cheese to make a change for the better.  It may be a long day.  

Vote early November 4th and take a long nap in the afternoon in order to celebrate change in the evening.

See you at the polls.



1 comment:

Melissa said...

"Vote early November 4th and take a long nap in the afternoon in order to celebrate change in the evening."

This sounds encouragingly like you're planning to take the day off! Not a bad idea. Except I know I have a lesson to teach that evening--probably good to have a distraction.