Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dem's? What do we do now?

I keep hearing how McCain is tanking.  Hoop Dee Do!  By the way, every time I spell his name the spell check tells me I'm wrong and suggests "moccasin".  I wonder what that means?  Most likely nothing. Or walk softly and talk softly and beat the crap out of the opposition with a big stick.  I guess I'm not happy with the negative ads.  Anyway, let's be realistic here.  

I just want to encourage voters not to take the Obama lead as a slam dunk.  Obama comes up in the spell check as "ABeam".  Let's correct the spell check to the new Presidents name.

This is not over by a long shot.   Voter apathy is a national disgrace.  

Don't get complacent.  Just get out and vote.  

I remember getting encouragement in '04 to call folks in Ohio to vote for Kerry.  I remember getting calls in '00 to rally for Gore.  While I do support the Dem's and write my Congressmen on a variety of issues I didn't do anything during the campaigns.  I was sure they would win.  I still regret my decision to do neither.   My wife wanted to move to Canada or Europe for God's sake.  I do have relatives in Canada and citizenship would be easy, but I don't want to give up my home to fear or vague ideas for to future.  I want my wife and children to live with hope and to be able to live their dreams.  

Let's not let our Nation down.  Let's get out the vote and get back on track.  Let's make a statement to the world we are not afraid and ready to make a change.  

When a call comes to reach out to the electorate, take it.  Tell your friends, 

VOTE NOVEMBER 4!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey! This is so inspiring!!! Think we could make KY go blue???

Sylvia Baber said...

Man the spellcheck thing is classic! And I'm going to adopt "Walk softly, talk softly, and beat the crap out of the opposition with a big stick" as my new personal philosophy. Watch out, world!